Sunday, January 30, 2011

Quackin' 2nd Birthday Party

I wanted to throw a party that reflected something my baby girl could actually relate to - not just the typical princess or dora theme (though there's nothing wrong with those either;). Ever since she was little she's loved ducks so I thought it would be fun to make it a duck-themed party and add some pink to the standard blues and yellows. We also call her our rainbow - so we found some fun ways to tie that into the theme.

I wanted to create reusable party favors so I bought these wooden bags, painted them blue, added the duck and the rainbow and had her Aunt personalize them with the children's names written on the cloud of the rainbow. They were filled with homemade chocolate duck lollipops, a rubber duck, bubbles (blue for the boys, pink for the girls), and a duck LED keychain that went 'quack quack' when you pressed the button.

I found a duck-themed calendar and used the images from there to accent the walls.

Amy from Amy's Sweet Cakes made the 'bathtub' cake with a rainbow on top.

The birthday banner was designed and made by us.

The food included items like 'chickadees' and table was accented with yellows and blues.

All in all - I think everyone had a quackin' good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment