Monday, November 29, 2010

Peacock Themed Tablescape - Winner

We recently had the opportunity to compete in Bay Bella's 'Best of' the bay competition in the 'Wedding planner/decor' category. We did not know what to expect or what we were up against! We ended up winning in the 'Alameda County' competition.

My inspiration came from a recent event i did that was peacock themed. I love these birds and their jewel-toned colors (even my website is peacock themed)! I really wanted to do something unique and spent hours searching both online and off for the perfect design elements. Choosing the colors to focus on was the most difficult task as there are so many options when it comes to peacock colors. Once the linens were finalized, the rest seemed to fall into place.





I decided to showcase 2 options for the table settings and the chairs. I did this by alternating the two and was able to keep the harmony of the table in tact. I used bangles to bring in an ethnic accent and lots of glitter for pop.

Stuart Rentals provided all the linens, chairs, and china. Jenna and Michael were both very supportive and are always great to work with.

Amys sweetcakes created these sumptuous cupcakes adorned with butterflies decorated in of course peacock colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment